This one is warm enough that I'm not going to say too much. Because, if it works out, I'll have a LOT to say anyway. It's a little different. Legal risk fostering for the moment. Meaning the parents are in grave danger of having their rights terminated. We'll know more in a couple of weeks on that front it seems.
Lori and I went to IKEA yesterday with my brother and SIL. It was hard NOT to shop for kids stuff. We'll be back there soon, I'm sure. We're very excited about this prospective case and could be way in over our heads. Excitingly over our heads. If there is one thing thing has been over the last two weeks it's a roller coaster. It's been different every time. Our case worker seems to think we're ready for anything. I'm still thrilled to have her in my corner. Even when we thought we were all set last week, she still sent out our home-study.....didn't stop working just in case.
The case worker she sent it to thinks we're a good choice and this seems to be on a fast track. So much to think about....but we've learned not to get too ahead of ourselves the last few weeks. This could change at any moment, and since this is legal risk, it's possible that at any point, a family member could come out of the woodwork and we'd be childless again. So, even when we're parents....we have to check ourselves at the process.
If this works out, I think everyone will be thrilled.
Well see. A little nervous energy just got let go in this post.
No comments:
Post a Comment