Friday, December 12, 2008

Quiet Friday Night

A quiet Friday night. It's been a week of a lot of research and excited energy about this whole thing. I can't really say I'm nervous about it at all. I think Lori is. She has a lot of questions about her abilities to be a mother I think. Not if she would be a good mother - just if she can physically handle it.

She can. She just has questions about it. I always knew we'd get here. I just never wanted to push Lori into it. It's the thing I'm the most sensitive about. Just because I want it doesn't mean WE want it. But, I think she's let herself become ready for it. I know I'm ready for it. Everybody knows I'm ready for it. I don't keep it much of a secret.

And keeping this thing a secret is tough for me. I'm SO freakin excited that I can't NOT tell people. It's easier for me not to tell my family and Lori's family. If they knew, they'd be SO supportive. I'm just not sure if we need support at this moment. Later on, I'm sure we'll need tons. I'm happy to go this part of the journey alone with my wife for now.

Our application is in (as of Wednesday) and we are patiently waiting for our notification that we are included in the classes starting January 5th. If they'd let me do it online, I'd be done by Sunday. Let's just get to the homestudy so we can move forward. Lori and I know what we have to offer in the way of us, our house, our families, our values and frankly, I don't know anybody else that has more to offer or wants it more.

We already know we can do this and we'll do it with flying colors. And, honestly, I'm patient. I'm really excited to go through every step. I'm already prepared as I can be for the hard parts of this. Lori is worried that something will happen halfway through that will take us back to step one. I can't imagine what it would be, but I'm ready for it.

As ready as I can be I guess.

No comments: