Well...I've been a father for three weeks now (tomorrow). Every night, after the kids fall asleep, I tell myself I'm going to come in here and write about my day....my week....whatever. Every night I sit in this chair and promptly fall asleep.
The good news is, I think Lori and I are darned good at this parenting thing. The kids are adjusting well, doing pretty good at school, enjoying their time with the extended family. We're settling in to a routine. 95% of the time, the kids are little angels who are more loving and affectionate than any kids I've ever been around.
But that's the thing. When they're good - they're very very good. But when they don't want to be good, it gets rough. And typing that and reading it back makes it seem like I'm whining or that every parent goes through that. The last week has been unusually rough and for Lori and I, kind of heartbreaking.
Our little girl is going into rages where she is trying to injure us, herself, the furniture, her brother, etc. It's really pretty scary. The first night it happened, we had to call someone for assistance. She was here tonight to talk to the kids. She left and we thought it was cotton candy and rainbows. Not 30 seconds after she left did the kicking, screaming, and hateful words start spewing out. We called our contact, someone that has known the kids for several years and she got to witness just what we've been going through this week. Part of me was a little sad that we couldn't handle it ourselves. But, honestly, I was thrilled that we had a witness. The contact had never seen her like this and some of the violence carried over to her.
I hope we can figure out a way to get through to her when she's like that. I don't know. It breaks my heart that she's in the trance that she's in. It breaks my heart that if she continues, things will change in ways none of us want. Lori and I are treading carefully and gently. No major injuries, breakages, etc. But, we know we need help and answers and need them QUICK!
There's so much more I want to write - but honestly, I'm tired. I'm hopeful, but tired. I hope we have a better day tomorrow. I hope the kids can handle the day. I hope we can handle the nights.
1 comment:
You have a witness, you know this isn't you. It is her life and past catching up to her. There may be a piece of her history no one knows about. email me, as I have some questions I do not want out there. I will PM you my addy
Post a Comment