It's been awhile since I last posted. A few have asked......but an update is due.
No news is no news.
Lori lost her job about 3 weeks ago. We're still being submitted for potential kids, but until we are "a finalist" we haven't really discussed what would happen. Lori needs to get a new job. We need to be able to buy all the things we need to buy when we get a new child in the house. We'd like to do it without going in to debt. We know we'll always do what we have to do.
We've also had our eyes opened for us a little wider the last month. The chances of us getting TWO children at the same time (brothers, sisters, one of each) is a real possibility. We always have the final say, but if we are picked, I'm not sure if we could say no. Our case worker has been really great and I still feel like she knows us and knows what we can and can't handle. We've only had one or two situations presented to us that we thought we might be in a little over our heads. But our case-worker kind of thought it, too. So, we're real lucky.
I won't say Mothers Day and Fathers Day was hard - it wasn't. But, I had more than one person each day ask me "how ya doing" on those days. Like I should be sad that I'm not a father on Father's Day. I guess talking about it made me a tad sad, but I'm still very excited. Hopefully that will be the LAST Father's Day without a child.
This weekend is July 4th, a big deal in our little town. I'm 39 years old and this will be my 40th July 4th parade in Downtown Belton. Never missed one. Not one. I love the small town part of it all. I can't wait to have my own kid(s) to take. But, I'm patient. I know it's going to happen sooner or later. I know it's going to be the most difficult but rewarding thing that's ever happened to me.
No news is no news. When there's more news, I'll report the news. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment